Having the nail stuck in your car tires is one of the most inconvenient situations that happens to the car. Usually, it causes your tires to lose air slowly until it goes flat and that’s simply terrible if it happens in the midway.
In case you don’t get it repaired as soon as possible, you will definitely end up compromising the performance and longevity of your tires. Therefore, it would result into you getting the new one that’s surely as good as heading for a bigger expense.
When it comes to repairing it, you frankly don’t need to go anywhere but you can do it easily at home. All you need is the right set of tools and equipment. It would definitely save you a lot of time and money.
Here’re a few important steps you need to follow. So let’s dive in;
- First of all, locate the nail stuck in your car tire. Use the jack as you might need to lift the car a few inches at that time until you spot the nail.
- It’s time to use the plier in order to pull out the nail. Make sure to stab the car tire with the help of spike-shaped rasp in order to open the size of the puncture. It will also help you get through the whole tire. To clean out the hole, you need to stab the tire a few times.
- Once you are done with that, just place the black cord halfway through the needle-like spike. It’s important to cover the cord with as much rubber cement as possible.
- In this step, you need to place half of the needle into the tire so that cord easily enters the hole. This way, cord will get stuck into the cord right when you pull out the needle out. Make sure, there is some cord hanging out of the tire. Use the razor to cut off the excess cord that’s hanging on the edge of the tire.
- Finally, just inflate the tire using air compressor. Make sure you fill it appropriately following the manufacturer’s instruction. Overinflating can cause many problems afterwards.
Here’s Quick Tip;
People are usually afraid of ruining their tire with the rasp. Make sure you press it into the tire as hard as you can as it helps in obtaining a good-size hole. This way, you will be “roughing up” the car tire so it will be easier to bond with the black, rubber-filled cord. Since the tires product enough amount of heat while driving, the rubber in the cord will easily melt and be a part of the tire.
It’s important of the car owners to be very much concerned about the durability and longevity of their car tires as it’s quite an expensive thing they are dealing with. In case you tires need replacement, you can check out some amazing car tyre deals online.
Are you looking to repair a nail in your tires? Just check out the article now