When it comes to beauty, there are multiple things that are to be considered, exfoliating is a part of the same. There are multiple types and brand of exfoliators available in the market and depending upon preference people choose the one that suits them the best. Ranging from natural to chemical based, there are different types of exfoliators available in the market. Dr. Steppie is a skin specialist who is known for treating skin problems and recommend chemical peels for treating skin problems.
Types of Exfoliators
You can find innumerable type of skin exfoliators in the beauty market. The main purpose of using exfoliators on skin is for removal of dead skin and restore the natural glow of the skin. Some common types of skin exfoliators are: –
- Natural exfoliators – They are the type of exfoliators which are created out of natural materials. An example of natural exfoliator is oatmeal.
- Scrubs – Scrubs are quite extensively used type of skin exfoliators. Although, there are natural variants of scrubs known but people usually depend upon the synthetically prepared kinds of scrubs.
- Facial cream – Facial creams are the most common type of exfoliators. There are different types and flavors of facial creams depending upon the skin type and skin problems that a person goes through.
- Chemical peels – These are the most advanced type of skin exfoliators and are highly recommended by Dr. Steppie. Chemical peels are applied in the form of a face mask and then are peeled off. There are multiple benefits of chemical peels which are described in the below section.
Benefits of Chemical peels
There are multiple benefits of using chemical peels, the most obvious one is the softness of skin. Apart from that here are top 8 benefits of using chemical peels and reason why it is mostly appreciated by skin specialists like Dr. Steppie.
- It stimulates the growth of healthy skin cells and collagen which leads to better skin quality and a radiant overall look.
- It is extremely beneficial for enhancing skin’s tone, color, texture and clarity.
- It addresses and treats all the visible skin imperfections and all the superficial scars.
- It works upon and removes some layers of skin congestion and build-up which leads to better uptake of homemade skincare products. This also leads to the skin care products penetrating deeper into the skin.
- It reduces the damage and discoloration caused to the skin by the sun’s damage. \
- Breakouts is a major problem when it comes to skin and skin related issues, it is known to treat it.
- It enhances the amount of water and hydration of the overall skin.
- It smoothens the wrinkles and fine lines present over skin.
Skin exfoliators can be of multiple types and chemical peels are one of them. Chemical peels are quite useful and effective form of skin exfoliators and are therefore advised by most of the skin specialists. Mentioned above are the top eight benefits of using chemical peels as a skin exfoliator.