Punjabi culture is one of the most thriving cultures of India. Their wedding traditions are the ideal reflections of their flourished culture. Punjabi weddings are all about endless dance, music, foods and craziness. There are certain things that you should know about a perfect Punjabi wedding.
- Dhol is essential: No Punjabi matrimony is completed without the beats of a Dhol. Its tremendous beats add a crazy flavour to the wedding dance. So they don’t need other music systems when they have a handful of Dholwalas.
- A large number of functions: In all other regions around the country, wedding ceremony contains maximum 3 or 4 number of functions. But the fact is something else in case of a Punjabi matrimony. They have a large number of never-ending functions on the list. Starting from the Rokka to the Reception, the parties continue.
- Baaraat is always late: If the Baaraat is on time then the wedding isn’t a Punjabi one for sure. In the Punjabi weddings, Baaraat will be always late. The route becomes too long to cover with the dance of the Baaraatis. This is an attractive way of celebration by the Punjabi people.
- Gorgeous fashion: Punjabi women are always blinged in heavy jewellery and clothes at weddings. Gold jewellery is always the best option with the loud apparels. These expensive outfits make all the women too gorgeous, especially the Punjabi bride. This smart and loud fashion makes a Punjabi wedding more charming.
- A long list of invitees: Punjabis are very friendly people which results in a long list of invitees in their weddings. These people are very much open-minded so they don’t omit any friend or relative from the list. A large number of people gathers at the weddings to bless the new couple. The weddings usually become a family reunion with the appearance of the NRIs from different parts of the globe.
- Use of currency notes: The currency notes are widely used in Punjabi matrimonies. The father-in-law prepares a garland of notes for the bridegroom and shower of notes in the Baaraat dance is the most important part. The Punjabis fly notes in the air without any care as a part of the celebration. This fallen cash is picked up by the poor later by as an act of blessings to the new couple.
- Variety of foods: Punjabis are very foodie and they also love to feed people. So it is obvious to see a variety of dishes at Punjabi weddings. Multiple buffet tables are very common in Punjabi weddings with a certain counter of Butter Chicken.
- Liquor love: No Punjabi wedding tale is completed without the presence of the bar counter. These bars have overstocked all type of liquors starting from Whiskey to Scotch and Wine. These bar counters are always overcrowded. There will be always a controller guy who is the in charge of taking care of all drunks.
All these beautiful features of the Punjabi tradition can give you the ultimate essence of a true Punjabi wedding. Punjabi matrimonies are as beautiful as the Punjabi brides are.