In the Present Day scenario, one of the most commonly used email clients is Microsoft Outlook. This email client is used for communication purpose that is for sending and receiving emails. Moreover, it also acts as personal information manager. In Microsoft Outlook, all the user’s data is stored in a PST file format. Whereas, MSG stores the data as a single message with .msg extension. Now, the question crops up how to open Outlook message? Are you also facing this same issue? Not able to read data from MSG file? Do not worry, as you have landed on a perfect page. In this blog, we are going to discuss two methods using which a user can easily open and view Outlook MSG files.
“I am using Microsoft Outlook for so many years. Every time to view any message I have to open Outlook application. Sometimes, I need to open and view Outlook messages on other systems on which Outlook is not installed. So, is there any way using which I can open and read my MSG files without Microsoft Outlook. Please suggest me a simple and reliable method.”
Methods to Open Outlook Message Without Outlook
There are two different methods using which a user can easily open and view Outlook MSG files that are:
- Manual Solution to Open and view Outlook MSG Files
If you want to open and read Outlook MSG files then you have to change the extension of MSG files to HTML. Once you change the extension, then you can easily open Outlook message file in a browser. To change the extension from .msg to .html you have to follow the steps given below:
- First, you have to select the Outlook message (MSG) files, which you want to convert into HTML format.
- After this, you have to click on the File Menu.
- Now, you have to select Save As alternative option from the File Menu.
- Finally, you have to select HTML file extension.
- Automated Solution to Open Outlook Message
With SysTools MSG Viewer Software, a user can easily view, read and search MSG files along with the attachments. Additionally, this utility allows the user to automatically locate the folders having MSG files. It is designed with a user-friendly interface which makes it easy for the users to work on it. There is no risk of data loss associated with this utility. Some of the amazing features of this tool are:
- The utility allows the user to open Outlook message without Microsoft Outlook. The user can easily view the content of MSG file in a proper format. Moreover, a user will be able to view all the attachments along with the messages.
- With MSG Viewer, one can easily open MSG files in different style according to the requirements. A user can view and read Outlook message files in Normal view mode, property view, Hex view, message header view, HTML view etc.
- The tool allows the user to locate the folders having MSG files automatically. With this software, the user can quickly scan the folders that contain Outlook message files.
- With the advanced searching feature of the tool, the user can search within emails or attachments.
- One can also arrange the order of the MSG file with its attributes according to their needs. The tool to open Outlook message also provides an option to sort the MSG file by it properties like From, Subject, Sent date, Received date etc.
- The user can also change the screen view mode that is he/she can view MSG files in horizontal as well as vertical mode.
Why Should One Choose MSG Viewer Over Manual Solution?
The manual solution is associated with some limitations like a user cannot view attachments of the MSG file. Moreover, if any of the steps of the Manual Approach are performed in an incorrect way then user have to face data loss issue. Therefore, it is suggested to select MSG Viewer as with this utility the user will be able to open Outlook message with attachments without any data loss. No technical expertise is required to work with this utility as it has easy to use interface.
There are many users who are not able to find a reliable solution to open Outlook message. Therefore, in the above section, we have discussed manual as well as an automated solution using which a user can easily open and read Outlook messages. Although, it is always advised to select the automated solution that is MSG Viewer to avoid all the issues related to data loss.