MS Outlook is a primary element of Microsoft Office, which help users to manage the personal information and allows to communicate with other users. It manages emails, contacts, calendars, appointments, tasks and track activities. Among all data items, “Contacts” is an essential part to continue the workflow. Sometimes due to some personal and professional requirements, users want to export Outlook contacts to Yahoo. However, it is not an easy task and a single wrong step taken by users may lead them to permanent data loss condition.
Thus, to perform this operation easily and without any data loss, we have come up with this technical paper. Here, we will disclose some easy and cost-efficient methods of importing Outlook contacts to Yahoo. However, before going to the solution section, it is essential to understand the scenario more clearly with the help of a user query and reasons for the same. So, let us get started!
“From past few years, I am using MS Outlook as my email client and usually, I save all my professional contacts in its Address Book. Sometimes, I need to access these Outlook contacts from my Yahoo account. Thus, I want to transfer contacts from Outlook to Yahoo mail. However, I have no idea that how to execute this operation. Anybody know how can I do this?”
Just like above user query, there may various causes for what individuals may need to move Outlook contacts to Yahoo Mail.
Reasons to Export Address Book From Outlook To Yahoo
- Yahoo is a free utility so, users do not need to pay anything to use it
- Yahoo has no storage space limitation thus, it is beneficial over Outlook
- After saving contacts in Yahoo, the information will never get lost
- Yahoo save contacts in the cloud so, users can access them from anywhere
Manual Technique to Export Contacts from Outlook to Yahoo
If you want to transfer Outlook contacts to Yahoo manually, then you have to go through two major steps:
1. Export Outlook Contacts to CSV
2. Import the CSV to Yahoo Account
Step 1: Export Contacts from Outlook as CSV
1. Launch Microsoft Outlook and click on the File tab
2. From opened menu list, select Import and Export option
3. In Import and Export wizard, click on Export to a File >> Next
4. Choose Comma Separated Values (Windows) option and hit the Next button
5. Here, specify the folder name where you want to save your Outlook contacts temporarily
6. Eventually, click on Finish
Let the export procedure completed successfully and after that, you can easily import the CSV file into Yahoo account
Step 2: Import CSV File to Yahoo
1. Sign in to your Yahoo account and go to the Contacts
2. Here, select Import option from the opened menu list
3. On the right side of the screen, click on Import Contacts
4. Now, under the Import Contacts, choose File Upload >> Import
5. Select the CSV file that you have exported in step 1 then, click on Open
6. Finally, hit the Import button
After this, you can easily access your Outlook contacts from Yahoo.
Limitations of Manual Method
- Lengthy and time-consuming procedure
- Contacts information can mismatch
- Not appropriate for several contacts
Proficient Technique to Export Outlook Contacts to Yahoo
As the manual method comprises some serious risks of data loss thus, we recommend users to avoid this solution if there are various contacts to export. vCard Export tool is one of the best and easy way to open, view and batch export Outlook contacts to Yahoo account. It is capable to convert Outlook contacts to vCard and CSV file format. After that, one can easily import the CSV file in Yahoo account. Via this eminent utility, users can either export selected contacts or complete folder to Yahoo. The tool converts Outlook contacts to CSV quickly in few simple steps.
In order to resolve the user’s query i.e., how to export Outlook contacts to Yahoo, we have discussed some manual and automatic solutions for the same. In case, if there are several Outlook contacts to export then, try to avoid manual steps as they may result in your data loss. However, the automatic technique is completely safe and secure to export contacts from Outlook to Yahoo in bulk.